Department of CSE
The Computer Science and Engineering program combines a rigorous education in computer science with added emphasis on the physical and architectural underpinnings of modern computer system design. The department has a mix of both experienced and young faculty. The CSE department has aesthetically designed with advanced computing laboratories. The Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program educational objectives includes the following:
- Graduates shall be strengthened with fundamental concepts of Computer Science & Engineering along with advanced knowledge on emerging technologies and devise solutions for real time & social issues.
- Graduates shall be employed in software industries, pursue higher studies, entrepreneurs and research ability to compete globally.
- Graduates shall be technically sound, socially acceptable and ethically adept computer science professionals with global competence.
- Graduates shall be able to lead teams comprising good communication, Global knowledge of current and future trends with high patterns of discipline.
- The Department of Computer science & Engineering is endowed with state-of-the-art laboratories, seminar halls and classrooms towards fulfilling these objectives.
Career Opportunities Graduates with degrees in computer science & engineering might find themselves in a variety of environments - academia, research, industry, government, and private organizations. On a daily basis, computer professionals are called on to analyze challenges, formulate and test solutions, use advanced communications or multimedia equipment, or work in teams for product development. The opportunities are enormous. The graduates can opt for further studies in India by qualifying GATE (M.TECH), CAT/XAT(MBA) and IELTS(M.S), GMAT (MBA) for abroad studies. SVEC provides in and off campus job opportunities to the students to start their career before they complete their studies.
CLOCS Technical Association and its Objectives:
- To conduct more national and international workshops, seminars and paper contests.
- To develop an exclusive R&D centre in the department.
- To develop research - oriented work culture among the faculty and students.
- To improve placement opportunities for students.
- To have linkages with industry for training & placement, projects and internships.
- Make each faculty member to attend at least one FDP/Seminar/Work shop during the semester.
- Encourage and guide students to prepare and appear for competitive exams.